Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3
The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3 is the latest addition to the Official Raspberry Pi range of camera modules. It features a new 12 Megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor, improved low-light sensitivity, and HDR support for both photos and videos.
The Camera Module 3 is available with a standard 75° or wide-angle 120° lens. It is capable of capturing 4608×2592 pixel images and recording 4608×2592 @14 FPS/2304×1296 @56 FPS/1536×864 @120FPS video. The resolution is limited to 2304×1296 @ 30 FPS when HDR is enabled. This particular model features the standard 75° lens.
The Camera Module 3 is mechanically identical to the previous Camera Module V2, except for the front sensor section. It is compatible with all Raspberry Pi boards that have a camera connector (CSI connector). However, an adapter cable is needed to use this camera with a Raspberry Pi Zero.
The Camera Module 3 requires the use of libcamera, and the previous raspistill/raspivid libraries will not work. Raspberry Pi OS needs to be updated to a specific version of libcamera as the Camera Module 3 requires a new driver.
The documentation for the Camera Module 3 can be found here
10 in stock
- Back-illuminated, stacked CMOS 12-megapixel Sony IMX708 image sensor
- High signal-to-noise ratio (SNR)
- Built-in 2D Dynamic Defect Pixel Correction (DPC)
- Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) for rapid autofocus
- QBC Re-mosaic function
- HDR mode (up to 3 megapixel output)
- CSI-2 serial data output
- 2-wire serial communication (supports I2C fast mode and fast mode plus)
- 2-wire serial control of focus mechanism
- Resolution: 11.9 megapixels
- Sensor size: 7.4mm sensor diagonal
- Pixel size: 1.4μm × 1.4μm
- Horizontal/vertical: 4608 × 2592 pixels
- Diagonal field of view: 75 degrees (Camera Module 3, Camera Module 3 NoIR), 120 degrees (Camera Module 3 Wide, Camera Module 3 NoIR Wide)
- Common video modes: 1080p50, 720p100, 480p120
- Output: RAW10
- IR cut filter: Integrated in standard variants; not present in NoIR variants
- Dimensions: 25 × 24 × 11.5mm (12.4mm height for Wide variants)
- Ribbon cable length: 200mm
- Cable connector: 15 × 1mm FPC
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.